Thorough preparation is the key to success
- We prepare an initial analysis of your business, its value and the expected interest from potential buyers
- We give you an list of scenarios for the future development of your organisation and the expected outcome of each scenario
- We advise on the right timing and actions you need to take to get the best price and terms for the sale
- We develop an X-ray image of your business that lays bare the true value of your organisation. We conduct a thorough analysis of your company’s financial performance and create a financial model. We identify actions that need to be taken before you can introduce the company to potential investors
- We develop an attractive presentation of the company to show to potential investors and we condense our general X-ray picture into a comprehensive Informative Memorandum
- We identify potential investors from our strong Danish and international network
- We work closely with your legal advisors to prepare the transaction documents and data room
- In collaboration with you, we prepare your team for the process and draw up in-house and external communication strategies
Execution of the divestment process
- We organise and manage the entire divestment process in close cooperation with you and your team
- We contact potential investors and, once non-disclosure agreements have been exchanged, we schedule management presentations
- We plan the execution of due diligence and help your team to conduct Q&A processes
- We obtain indicative offers, prepare impact analyses and comparisons between the offers received, and negotiate key terms and conditions
- Working closely with your legal advisors, we advise on finalising the transaction documents. Our input ensures that the legal documents are an accurate reflection of the commercial terms agreed
KEY ISSUES TO CONSIDER WHEN SELLING A BUSINESS:
- Why do you wish to sell the business? What role do you wish to play in the sales process and what is the desired outcome?
- Do you want to sell a minority or a majority share?
- Who are the prospective buyers and why are they interested in acquiring your business?
- How will you ensure that everyone involved in the sales process is incentivised to work together to achieve the best possible outcome?
- How will your employees, clients/customers, suppliers and other co-owners react to a sale?
- What price do you expect to command and how can you best prepare for the sale?
- When is the time right for a company sale – in relation to company-specific circumstances and the M&A market in general?
- How should the transaction be structured to optimise net proceeds and minimise risks for sellers?
- What is the best story you can tell about the company and how can your narrative be delivered most credibly and powerfully to potential investors?